Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Donating Maternity and Baby Stuff

So, the garage sale didn't go as well I as wanted it to and I have been looking into options as far as unloading the maternity clothing my friend and sis-in-law gave me, my maternity clothes and some baby items. I took some stuff to Once Upon a Child to see if they could take any of it and have been doing research to find places to donate clothing. I really didn't want to take the clothing to places that resell the clothes, rather places where women truly need assistance and cannot afford even deeply discounted used clothing.

I posted on Mamasource (www.mamasource.com) and some of the women were very helpful. The site really helped me out because I couldn't find what I was looking for by simply googling...my internet research skills aren't as good as they used to be! The mommies on Mamasource suggested Pregnancy Decision Health Center and from there I got another place called Maternity Resource Center. Both places take gently used maternity clothing and baby clothing. The MRC takes baby gear as well.

I plan to gather all my stuff together and take it down to the Pregnancy Decision Health Center this week. Once I start unloading more baby stuff, I will contact the Maternity Resource Center since they take the bigger items and older baby clothing.

Pregnancy Decision Health Center
http://www.pdhc.org/

Maternity Resource Center
http://www.bflco.org/

No comments: