Ethan update:
Ethan has found his hands and sucks on his fists. He is also much more aware of things around him and has started making solid eye-contact. He totally giggled at me the other day and I melted. He smiles all the time, very unlike P. P was a very sober baby. I have a feeling that they are going to be SO different - not just because he is a boy and is much bigger than she was as a baby, but his little personality is so different. P was kind of intense - you had to work for her smiles and coos, Ethan is the opposite. It is so cool to have such different babies.
It is funny that I write that P was intense, she still is, but she is so darn funny and laughs a TON now. She is really smart and is quite the talker. I just love seeing her grow. Sometimes I forget how young she is - she has such a mature little soul. She really loves her baby brother now and constantly checks on him and worries about him. I love it.
P update:
Well, as I mentioned, she is quite the talker. Her vocabulary has grown over the last two months by leaps and bounds. Strangers can understand her better, too (not just mommy anymore). She can tell me what she likes and dislikes. She looks more like a little girl than a baby. She is taller and more coordinated. She loves to dance, sing and get into things. :)
This weekend was rough on me with her because she got hurt twice and got a bad case of diaper rash. Saturday we went to lunch with friends and she burnt her mouth on potatoes. It was so sad. She cried and cried. At bedtime she even mentioned it. Her little conversation with me was about her friend Mila and then how a potato burned her mouth. awwwwe. Then on Sunday she fell and bit through her lip. She has a nice bloody swollen lip, but it doesn't seem to bother her today. Kids are so resilient. Then on top of those things, hubby let a dirty diaper go too long and she got a horrible case of diaper rash. Part of the reason was because of juice - she had some OJ that morning, and coming out it isn't very friendly to the tooshie. But, she is just fine and in a good mood...thank goodness. Not a ton of crying this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment