Okay, so I can understand why breastfeeding nazis are the way they are. E was sick AGAIN last night and it was because of formula. He puked from 9:30p until 4a and has had stinky poos/diarreah all day, and it is all my fault. I gave him two and a half ounces of Isomil Advance last night. My plan was to get him used to the taste of formula in case hubby runs out of breastmilk while I am away in June. We found out early on that E has a milk protein intolerance from his reactions to my breastmilk - so I cut dairy out of my diet, and now it looks like he has a soy allergy because of his reaction to the soy-based formula. That means either no formula or we have to spring for the incredibly expensive hypo-allergenic stuff. ugh.
I guess my plans have to change for pumping. I am going to have to pump once or twice a day to store enough EBM for while I am gone and also for a few days upon my return in case he decides to not go back to the breast. I'll have to be a pumping mom, then. And, that sucks for me because I hate to pump, but I will do what I need to do for him. I really don't want to put him on formula unless I absolutely have to - that is my own choice. I am not against formula, well I kind of am now after how sick it has made my baby...twice, but I really want him to have the same start P did. Her start was 13 months of breast only - she wouldn't take a bottle. I hope to do the same for E, but I would like for him to be able to take a bottle when needed.
1 comment:
all i can say is i understand. Hang in there!
Post a Comment