I am pretty sure E is going through his 3 month growth spurt. He has been eating a ton. Last night he was up every hour and a half and gulping down milk as if he had never eaten before. Needless to say, I am really tired today!
My legs are starting to hurt again. When I nursed P coming into the third month of her life I started to get really bad feet, leg and knee pain. I could barely get out of bed my feet and legs hurt so badly. I spoke with the doctor and they didn't act like it was correlated with nursing, but it clearly was. I went to Whole Foods when P was about 9 months old and spoke with the vitamin people there. One of the girls that helped me was nursing her child and said she had the same problem and that it was due to low levels of calcium in my body. P was deleting my resources so she could get what she needed to grow. Well, I went for a walk on Friday and noticed it was happening again with this baby. I hadn't been diligent about taking my calcium, which when I started taking it with P noticed a difference in less than a week with how I felt. My body loved it and the muscle and joint pain virtually disappeared. I also am staying on my prenatal vitamins. My LC told me when I had P that I could take Women's One a Day while I nursed, but that wasn't a good choice for me. That vitamin didn't have enough of whatever I needed to support what my body needed, so I started back on my prenate and an extra calcium supplement. That really did the trick, and I am hoping that it will this time, too.
I take calcium with magnesium and zinc twice a day in addition to PrimaCare One, which is my prenate. My prenate has added fish oils and is supposed to help while pregnant with brain development in babies and also while nursing. It worked with P - she is a smart little cookie. We'll see if it works with E, too. Could just be a myth, but who knows. I just look forward to my body feeling better.
No comments:
Post a Comment