Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cut it OFF!

Post-pregnancy = wanting to get rid of excess.

Excess weight
Excess clutter
Excess clothing
Excess bloating
Excess eating

AND

Excess HAIR

Now, those of you who have been pregnant have experienced the dreaded hair fall-out. It happens around 3 - 5 months and lasts for about 2 months. OR you experience just a touch of fall-out and then a full-on deforestation after you stop breastfeeding. For me, it has been a gradual 2 - 3 months of hair clogging the drain post-pregnancy - hair landing in my food, hair in my kids' diapers, hair down my shirt and tickling me, hair, hair and more hair EVERYwhere. So, my decision was to cut it off. I was tired of constantly having long strands of dead cells plagueing everywhere I went and everything I touched. It is really gross when you freeze food and then defrost it and there is a HAIR in it. yuck.

Anyhow, I just needed a change, too. I mean, it will always grow, right? So, I did the ole' crop and chop. It took two times and two different hairstylists to get it right. I didn't go to my tride and true girl because I am STUPID, but I also was trying to save a bit of cash, and maybe try someone different who is closer to my home to help with drive time. The cut is cute, but it isn't what I wanted and it is too short. But, oh well, it'll grow and it looks okay and is easy to do, which is key with two very young children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well if you dont like it ill take it! i like it momma! if only i didnt have "textured" hair (half curly half straight-it doesnt know)...i could do a cute updated bob too...sigh...
mommy heather