Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My poor friend

Mary is going through surgery today. I am so sad. She was supposed to go under at 2p, but I called and she is either still in surgery or is being prepped because she is not in a room, yet. I am so nervous and anxious to hear how everything went. I am planning to send up flowers to her room. This really, really sucks...and I cannot imagine how she and her family are feeling right now.

Dear friends,

By now you may have heard that I have invasive adenosquamous carcinoma cervical cancer. I had a chest x-ray and CT abdominal scan which did not detect any metastasis. Last night we met with the gyn/oncologyst to discuss my options. Upon my exam she found some suspicious areas in my uterus which are probably nothing more then benign fibriods. Wednesday at 2pm I am scheduled to have a radical hysterectomy. The doctor will however need to biopsy these suspicious spots prior to doing the surgery. If the biopsies prove to be negative then she will proceed with the surgery. If they are malignant then the cancer has in fact metastasized and then she will close me up and we will begin a regimen of chemo and radiation. Unfortunately I will not know what the course of action will be until I wake up from anesthesia because she will make this decision while I am under. I am sorry to be doing this via email but just do not have the strength to call everyone. I will do my best to return phone calls and emails but if I do not get to them then please know I appreciate the support and the prayers.

Love,
Mary

2 comments:

Momma Bear said...

I'm so sorry for your friend and am empathizing with you. How awful. I'm praying for Mary and please let me know if i can help some how.

Amanda C. said...

I read your previous e-mail about your friend and could not find the words to express my sadness for her situation. I do hope that she found out some "good" news after her surgery, though I don't know if any of it could be considered good. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts. If you need anything, let me know. I don't know if B can provide any info or guidance about the situation, but I could always ask him for you.