PEYTON
- She was running out of my mom's bedroom and into the hall. She had on pink pants and a cream long-sleeved shirt. Just watching her run with her little legs, diapered butt and her straight blonde hair bouncing made me cry. I looked at my mom and told her that I just loved watching P run. My mom cried too and said she had that same "moment" in the grocery store when I was little. I ran ahead/away from her and she stopped and just watched me and cried right there.
- When she cracks herself up. She is usually singing a song and will stop and just look at me and giggle. She tilts her head sideways, looks me right in the eyes and smiles her sweet semi-toothless grin and laughs. Then she says "mommy, you do it." This generally happens during the 3 squares which is why I have so many pics of her eating.
- How she loves books. She likes to "read" to me now and it is so cute to hear her little voice repeating some of the phrases from the book or some of the phrases or sounds I make up while reading the book to her. I am amazed at what she remembers. Just last night she read a book to me that we got from the library - we only read it through twice a week ago and that little thing was telling me what the book said. It was amazing to me. I can tell from a reading standpoint that she is using picture cues to help her.
- When she says "he's looking at me" in reference to baby brother.
- How when she gets excited over something she runs to give me a hug first and foremost. It is so cool.
- Putting her shoes on and then getting back into bed. Even though we don't allow shoes in the bed....oh well. :)
- Painting her tiny toenails and how she loves her "pink toes"
- Wanna watch Caws
- Pirates Booty
- When she lays her head on my shoulder.
- Hearing her little footsteps in her room. I know she's up!
- She's not necessarily into naming things yet, but she loves to nickname them. Ex. Loki dokie - she made that up all by herself.
- How she calls me mama because many of the books we read the babies refer to their mothers as mama. Such as: I Love You Stinky Face
- Smiles. That baby smiles all the time. When he catches my eye he just beams. It is almost like he just sits and waits for me to look at him so he can smile.
- How he puts his arms around me like he is giving me a hug. I think he is. He just cuddles into me when I pick him up.
- His pudge.
- How cute he looks in cloth diapers, and how he doesn't seem to care. He likes to be fussed with.
- He loves the Jumparoo. He bounces so roughly on my lap like he is trying to get somewhere, but that chubby baby body is hindering his chance to just fly off like a Super Hero.
- When P watches TV he will turn his body and watch it like he is totally engrossed in the show. Luckily, we don't have the TV on all the time or he'd certainly be brain scrambled.
- He is very curious - always checking out the world - kind of like Pinky. With P, she just stared and looked around like she was The Brain and was making plans to rule the world, baby bro in tow.
- Just how smitten I am with having him. He rocks...
1 comment:
what an awesome post!
Post a Comment