Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

All I want for Christmas is an ear infection...


All in all, we had a very nice Christmas. On Saturday we went to my parents to celebrate the holiday. My brother and his family were in town so that was our time to exchange with them. They drove down from Michigan for a couple of days to spend with us and then my sis-in-law's family. Watching the gifts change as the kids grow is quite interesting. My niece who was once into baby dolls or games was now into make-up and cool clothes, the boys are still into games just "older" ones, and the baby girls were just too cute opening their books, babies and blocks. We usually do random appetizers and finger foods for our Christmas Eve with them. We try to have things that my Grandma Williams used to make, but have strayed from that menu quite a bit. I was surprised that P ate this cheese dip mom made, but she shoveled it in like it was ice cream. At least she ate more than pretzles and cookies like she did at Thanksgiving.

The actual day of Christmas Eve my parents came over here for a sit down dinner. It was very nice. We ate and then watched a movie. Christmas Day it was adorable watching P open her prezies. She loved her play kitchen and her Sesame Street car wash. She got things from hubby's aunts, Papa Bill and her Uncle Garret and Aunt Jeanne. It was so nice that so many people were so giving this year, but it was still pretty depressing to not have any gifts under the tree from Sheilah. I know hubby was feeling pretty sad knowing he couldn't call his mom to wish her a Merry Christmas. Bill called from Florida and that was really really special to Shane. Later in the day some of our friends came over for a potluck and games. It was a really good time and was so nice to spend Christmas that way. Typically, we go to my Aunt's, but I am trying to stay away from "cat" houses until I deliver. I have been getting dreadfully sick with my cat allergies during this pregnancy - and frankly am tired of not being able to breath for days for just an hour or two of fun.

On the down side, hubby and P have been really sick. P since the weekend and hubby since Christmas night. All he has done is lay in bed. I had to take P to the pediatrician and I am glad I did because she has an ear infection...hopefully not the beginning of three like last year. Well, since we are stuck inside once the boy is born she will probably stay pretty healthy, but we shall see! I am just hoping to bypass all bugs - I can't afford to be sick with a one and half year old running around and being pregnant.


No comments: