My friend's little boy who got bit by the dog is doing just fine. His final stitch fell out two days ago and his face looks like it will have minimal scarring. While she was at my house I kept my two dogs locked up downstairs. Little W didn't seem afraid of them at all. My friend explained that the incident doesn't stop him from being friendly with dogs, but definitely stops her from trusting anyone's dog. Can you blame her?
Seeing his little bruises and marks where the stitches were just broke my heart. But, seeing that he was okay made me feel okay for him.
The dog was a one-year-old Westie. From what I gather, Little W leaned back and the dog was behind him. The movement of W leaning back freaked the dog out and it just bit him in the face and clawed him a couple of times and then ran off. Luckily, noone had to pry the dog off of him. I have heard of dogs attacking children and just not stopping until the child goes limp. awful to think of....
The best thing I think I can do as a parent is keep educating my kid about dogs everytime she is around them. It is kind of hard when you have dogs of your own that your child wants to love on. I work on P being respectful to her dogs and knowing her limits with them. I really don't even trust my two dogs. You just never know, and no matter how much you love the little furballs they are still animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment