Pages

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Baby has moved sleeping quarters...

So, last night I moved Miss P into her own room. I know it is was "about time" probably a while ago, but I was not ready. I still am not ready. She is only four months old, how can she possibly be sleeping all alone in that big crib?! Shouldn't she stay next to mommy in her co-sleeper until she is at least a year old????!!

I know it is my choice what I want to do with my baby, but I also know that eventually she would have to move into her own room. It is easier now because she doesn't have that intense separation anxiety they get around six months...so essentially I would be doing her a disservice if I made her wait to when she really understood mommy isn't right next to her. I am talking myself into this if you can't tell.

So, last night was her first night "alone" and she did GREAT! I mean GREAT! I heard her wake up a couple of times, but she put herself right back to sleep. She usually nurses once overnight and she didn't even do that! That sweet little thing slept from 9p to 8:15a this morning. Is this the way it is going to be? I don't feel so bad about her being in her crib if she is this happy and content! Let's just see what tonight brings.

Of course, being mommy, I want her to NEED me and WANT to be near me to sleep. BUT, it is quite a joy to know she is okay in the big, big world of her nursery all alone and doing just fine.

No comments: