
Miss P had her first taste of something other than breastmilk yesterday! I fed her baby rice cereal and she LOVED it. No spitting, no bad faces, no refusal - I was so happy about that. I thought it was a good time to start her because she wanted to eat this double chocolate chip cookie I was eating while visiting my friend Daryl. I thought that starting her out on a processed cookie from the grocery bakery was a bad idea, plus Daryl yelled at me (well, not really).
Honestly, though, I was a little apprehensive about starting her on solid food (she is almost 5 months) because I was afraid it'd be just as difficult as breastfeeding. I had a horrible time doing the boobie dance with Miss P. It was one of the most challenging experiences I have ever had. Everything I had read said it was the best thing for baby and that it was the most natural thing for baby...well, it didn't seem natural at all when I was first doing it. It took Miss P and I three months to finally get to the point where she was a "natural nurser." I thought getting her to eat rice cereal was going to be just as difficult, but it was the complete opposite.
She sat in her bouncy with two bibs (one was already on for drool and I was too lazy to take it off). And as soon as the spoon hit her mouth she opened up. I was amazed and overjoyed at the same time. It was the cutest thing ever. She had a great time being fed and even ate the entire bowl! One WHOLE tablespoon of cereal and FOUR whole tablespoons of breastmilk...hahaha! It is hard to know how much a tablespoon of breastmilk is, so I just pulled a few one ounce bags out of the freezer. Everything I read said DON'T WASTE BREASTMILK because it is liquid gold. So, the left over milk I had I just fed to the dogs....just joking.
Anyhow, I am so happy I think I'll feed it to her again today.
No comments:
Post a Comment