Pages

Monday, September 11, 2006

Worry...

I have come to the realization that the bain of my existence is that small little thing called worry. I get concerned over EVERYTHING and it is driving me nuts. My hubby and I had a conversation about it yesterday and figured out that my bad moods, sore neck, fear of my own demise, overeating, and headaches all stem from worry.

I don't know if it is my hormones still working through my body after giving birth, or the sheer madness I feel being a first time mother...I don't know, but it consumes me.

Here are the silly things, and some not so silly things, that torment me:

-All things baby - will I accidentally drop her, is she eating enough, is she sleeping enough, why is she crying, did I forget to wash my hands before picking her up, will she choke on her spit....you get the point.
-If I get up at 7am with the baby, when will I get to nap so I am not a total bitch when my husband comes home.
-I want to start exercising, but will I need to get new shoes.
-I go to drive somewhere and freak out over the possibility of someone hitting my car.
-I make dinner, but will I overcook it and will my hubby like it.
-Will I read something incorrectly on my prof's syllabus and turn something in late.

The list could go on and on. I really need to stop it!!

Maybe it is because I have more time on my hands to think than I did when I was working. Staying home with baby gives me some quiet moments, and I should cherish those and use them to my benefit instead of thinking of things that will probably never happen!!

1 comment:

mitt fyrverkeri said...

Hi there.
I know all about that worrying-thing and have something to say. :)
Either you listen to the song "sunscrean" or you start to think this way "What´s the worst that could happen if...[the thing u worry about] And soon you will se that the worst thing isn´t so dangerous and I hope you realize that your worries are so unnecessary and find a more relaxed way of thinking.
I wish u all the best!
Sorry for my bad english, I hope u got the point anyway.
Bye from Maria in Sweden