So, I am flipping through channels and notice on the Travel Channel that the hotel they are highlighting looks vaguely familiar. As I watched I noticed that it was a hotel hubby had to make a pit stop in, if you get my drift.
Last summer I did a lot of traveling with my job, and one of my destination cities was Washington DC. I was very excited because I had never been there. The downfall was that it was hubby and I's anniversary. It ended up being great because I just extended my trip, and hubby and I went on a site-seeing weekend for our 3rd wedding anniversary.
We went to the WWII Memorial, Lincoln's Memorial, the Holocaust Museum and all of the other incredible memorials and museums located at our nation's capitol. We also ran into my sister-in-law and niece, which was a nice surprise. We walked most of the time because the weather was so nice. As we were walking back to the hotel hubby was overcome with the urge to, well, you know, splurge, so we had to stop someplace with a bathroom.
We went into this hoity toity hotel right near the White House called the Hay - Adams. There were two weddings going on, a slew of incredibly rich looking people walking in and out, and then us...hubby looking for a bathroom and me looking worried we were going to get kicked out. Hubby did find a bathroom, and a nice one I might add, at least that is what he said.
Well, it must of been a nice bathroom. From what the host of the show said, ambassadors, celebrities and VIPs stay at that hotel and pay a pretty penny to do so. And of course with such influential guests, the hotel has to offer interior decorating of the finest. The host went on and on about how luxurious the foyer was with walnut wainscoat, how lavish the rooms were and how one of the suites even had a toilet with a seat that you could heat up as you sat on it.
All I could do was crack up as I watched the segment because my memory is not of the White House white chocolate dessert or of the little nooks where you can drop your mail off and make a call, or of the custom-made bed linens, but rather of my hubby running around the first floor ready to drop a deuce at any second. And then leaving his "mark" in one of those toilets with a heated seat...and we didn't have to pay one cent!
No comments:
Post a Comment