Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Excercise can be fun?

Okay, so I am finally in the mode to workout again!! Yay for me!

I joined Jazzercise this week...well, actually rejoined. I quit a year and half ago to workout at a gym - bad move. The gym I was going to was such a sterile atmosphere with a bad paint job and full of testosterone. The classes were your basic aerobics or step with little imagination or enthusiasm. I don't think I ever saw a smile on a girl's face when I walked in for class. When I got pregnant it was easy to slack off and eventually quit my membership. At Jazzercise women are chatting, smiling and laughing no matter what time of the day it is and are clearly happy to be there. I like that positivity. It really puts me in a good mood, plus gets me excited to workout.

I have been jazzercising for a very long time now, off and one for almost 20 years. Yes, I started when I was around twelve years old. I am impressed with how it has stayed around and spread across the nation. It is a lot of fun, so I am not surprised. I thought it would be more difficult to go since I have Miss P, but my location offers FREE babysitting. I have been twice this week and the women who have been watching the children are friendly and I trust them with my child. They all seem to have children of their own and understand a mom's need to get an hour to herself.

Today I did regular Jazzercise. I am pretty sure I will be sore tomorrow. The instructor focused on our thighs, butt and inner thighs the whole time, which is good since that is the biggest area on my body at this point in time. I saw a friend of mine, chatted with someone I knew from before and chitchatted with a few other women who were incredibly sweet. I think I'll stick with it this time. If not only to get into my size 8's, but to enjoy some time to myself and meet new friends.

No comments: