Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kickball

We had our first game of kickball last night. I really suck. Wow, I really, really suck....but, so does everyone else for the most part which makes me feel not so bad. ha! Our team name is The Nitwits. Our color is pink, we peg for outs, our aim is to lose, and when we get in the outfield I think we make sarcastic comments more than actually play the game. Our time in the outfield is surely a show because there is always something going on, whether it be Big Jilm yelling obscure coaching strategies, Geni doing the ball dance or John and Shane picking on everyone...we have it all. It is a circus...where's the tent. Of course, I can't help to get involved with all the antics. That is just my personality. I am as ridiculous as the next person - it is just hidden under a mommy costume and a calloused wall created by the horrible tortures of a job I quit long ago.

A few of the funny things that happened last night:

-an easy fly came my way. I freaked out, let it fall between my hands, closed my knees to stop it as it bounced right through my legs and further outfield.
-Leigh went to catch the ball and did a move the Globtrotters would be proud of. The ball went right around her neck and down her arm. Priceless.
-Bridgette fell off the wall and ran into traffic trying to get the ball. This was funny to watch, but not funny at all because she hurt her wrist.

My, my. We are surely a circus act. ha! I need to get some of this on video.

P and E went with me. P had a hard time when I went out to play. She cried and cried and didn't understand why she couldn't come. It made my heart melt - especially seeing her sit there with her stuffed Big Bird that is as big as she is. Daryl was watching her,E and the Hazelett girls.

This is what makes the game so fun...from one our fearless leaders: JohnnyLung writes:

"great.
game.
all.

things we did awesome:
peg'd fools.
kick'd balls hard.
kept'd running.
lost'd fantastically.

things we need to improve:
less doubleplays.
more sliding, buff.
not keep the game so close. (we lost 17-2)
less stealing catches from teenagers, kaleb.
more yelling and tomfoolery.
pay more for parking.

am I missing anything?

just a thought.
we did this one game.
maybe for the first kick of the other team.
during the first inning.
of every game.
no one moves.
we all stand still.
and let the ball drop.
and they just run.
confused."

No comments: