Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mom's Night Out

Mom's Night Out was a great idea, proposed by Jo, that the girls in my mommies group latched onto. One night out a month for us, as women, as adults, as something other than just a mom, was eaten up by everyone in the group. It seems to be a time when we really connect and enjoy each other's conversations uninterrupted by "I want snacks" or "get me down" or some sort of crying or demanding from a person 1/4 our size. We get to talk about our ideas, thoughts, dreams and just get to know each other...and, of course, laugh and be silly. Hence "Best Time Ever" photo #1:


This was taken at the Happy Greek in the Short North. I believe Ethan was two months old when I braved leaving him alone for the first time. It was kind of scary for me and I was concerned the whole time about hubby and if he could handle the responsibility of two children by himself...one being a newborn at that. I had a lot of fun with the girls and laughed most of the night. We never have a loss of laughter in our group...cuz we are all just that cool and funny.

Our night out is the third Wednesday of each month. A week out we start the email banter writing about where we want to go or do. Typically we are all in for trying a new place for dinner. I think having a low key night with a cocktail, good food and good company is the ticket for all of us to have a good time. Last night was proof of that. We went to Black Creek Bistro on Parsons. It is a fairly new place where the owner serves food that his family grows and slaughters on their farm in Pataskala. They had a nice selection of wines and cocktails, and the menu had a decent variety of dishes to suite each individual taste. I, of course, was very limited due to the fact I cannot eat dairy. We were able to celebrate Susan's birthday, which is actually today, and send off Amanda as she and Vincent are moving to Indiana this weekend. We'll miss them.

Beth was CRAcking me UP. Two martinis made that girl a stand-up routine. She was so darn funny...and I am not sure if she was trying to be the whole time or if I was a little tipsy myself. "Best Time Ever" #2:


Birthday girl was mad at me because I took this one with her mouth full of Lamb Lollipop (does that also come in Johnny Depp?)...


Ethan gave her a present at mommies group that morning. Let's just say if he was a super hero his name would be Spit-Up Man and where he spit up clearly shows us he will not be gay.

And, last, but not least, our special send off picture to always remember Amanda by...I think this is a really good picture of her, but she just laughed at it because she was giving the camera cooky...

2 comments:

Amanda C. said...

Thanks for the send off, girl!!! Actually, you're right. That isn't a bad picture of me at all. I may have to steal from you! ;) I'll miss going out with all of you girls every month, but I'll make sure I try to come back and visit every so often!

Momma Bear said...

yep i clearly had 1 too many martinis, i look nutz. :)