I am feeling ready for this baby to pop out. I have gotten many things taken care of, for instance the library books are all returned, my car is cleaned out (just have to install the new car seat we bought), the co-sleeper is swept and has clean sheets, I am washing the swaddling blankets and some of P's newborn sleepers. I have some things already washed and ready for him, but I wanted to have a plethora to choose from when he gets here. You never know if it will be 65 degrees on the day he is born or 25 around here lately.
I still need to: return a book to Waldens, get P some things together to play with at the hospital, go grocery shopping, get the house swept and dusted, finish the laundry, get his new car seat installed with the snuggly, and get the bottles and pacis boiled. Hopefully, he won't take to a paci but it is okay if he does. P never did so I never had to worry about taking it away from her. And, hopefully I won't have to use any bottles until I am ready to give him one. My friend waited 3 weeks to start pumping and I think I'll do the same. I pumped from the very beginning with P and I believe that is what messed up my ability to pump. My LC told me to pump after every feeding for 5 minutes to get my milk supply up. Well, I did that and at first I got a good amount of milk but then I couldn't pump at all. P ended up not even needing pumped milk because she stopped taking a bottle all together at 3 months anyhow. I don't want that to happen this time around. I really want to be able to offer a bottle when I need to.
My friend had so much milk it was crazy. She had a boy and it seemed like she bfed him constantly. I wonder if the gender will make a big difference this time around - I am sure it will. All babies are so different...even from the same mama.
I just can't wait to have this baby at this point. I don't mean to be selfish, but I am really uncomfortable and have gained so much weight it is getting to be taxing to carry it all around. I am so bloated and in one week I gained 3 pounds! I am not even eating terribly or huge amounts - simply because I can't at this point in time. I feel so filled with water and excess fluids it is gross. Plus, I can't wait to meet him and give him a proper name...instead of just "baby boy" or "baby brother."
No comments:
Post a Comment