Pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tires can be so much fun....not.

Yesterday I went to my cousin's to drop off some baby stuff she let us borrow. We ended up buying a bigger car seat and my friend sent us this awesome new swing for the baby, so we didn't need to horde those two things from Candyce any longer. She has a prego friend who could probably use them in the next couple of months.

Anyhow, I am driving back home thinking of all the things I wanted to get done that afternoon. P and I had been to the gym so I was feeling a little like labor was coming on from riding the bike and walking; luckily, it wasn't. A nice guy stopped me at a light to tell me my back right tire was flat. I was so thankful he told me because I could tell the car wasn't riding well. So, I stop at a gas station to fill the tire up and it wouldn't hold the air. Being 9 and 1/2 months pregnant and having a 1 and 1/2 year old in the back seat kind of made me not think clearly. I should have just changed or had the tire changed right there, but NO I decided (like the truly intelligent person I am) to drive to try to get to a tire store to get it fixed. Well, that was like 10 minutes of driving on a flat tire...not exactly safe. :) But, we made it. Good Year had time to fix it and the tire in stock - we were so lucky!

Well, the whole time I am sitting there I thought for sure I was going into labor. Those guys were so nice getting me in right away and the last thing I wanted to do is spring a pregnant moment on them. hahaha! The thought is really amusing to me.

No comments: