Instead of writing down my resolutions I am going to write my reflections of 2008. I was driving the other day and just thinking back on all of the wonderful things that happened and then all the sad things that happened. That is life - we have to take the good with the bad. And, if we didn't have the bad how would we know how good we really have it? Anyhow, let me begin...
The first of the year looked kind of grim as far as hubby's mom was concerned. We spent most of January in Florida, Boston and Rhode Island with her hoping that her health would turn around, but unfortunately she passed on Feb. 6. She had battled ovarian cancer for 6 years, which is amazing after being diagnosed at stage 3. We miss her terribly and have had a hard holiday season without her. Hubby has been pretty depressed all year. I can't even imagine.
Through all of that I had P keeping me busy. It is amazing how children change your life. I couldn't imagine my life without that little girl. She is the center of my universe and the the love of my life. To think I created something so perfect and beautiful is beyond me. Hubby and I question how we did it everyday. We are both so smitten with her. During 2007 she began talking, coloring with purpose, learning tons of new things, walking, feeding herself, running, playing complex games (like hide and seek), knowing some of the alphabet and singing...among many other things. Stuff we take for granted knowing as adults is quite amazing when you see a child learning them for the first time and being excited by them. It is really cool to watch and know that I have helped.
We celebrated her 1st birthday in May. It was a great time and I was pretty excited that so many people showed up to celebrate with us.
In May we also found out we were expecting baby #2. This time around it is a boy. I am due on Jan. 22 and couldn't be more ready at this point in time. I was very sick all summer and felt that it passed without me getting to really enjoy it and take advantage of more things with and for P.
Hubby's brother and his family visited in late July. That was a nice time and the kids loved playing with P. It was cute to see them get excited to hear her tell them what noises each animal made. Unfortunately, shortly after they returned by to RI we got some shocking news about his brother and some of the things he had been up to. Things that I don't care to write about because it is kind of embarressing and not really my business. But, I can write that the family suffered because of his actions. He is seeking help, so that is a good thing and we are all hoping he steps up for his family - meaning his wife and kids, which is where he is needed. Hubby has been a very understanding and forgiving brother and is really trying to understand and get passed his brother's behavoir. We shall see what this year brings.
My dad has been doing well with his heart problems. The doctor says his heart won't get better and that he will have to continue eating well and taking his medication. He seems okay with it, but he struggles with knowing his pacemaker could go off at anytime. It scares him. Sometimes I hate that he does so much. He just cannot sit still. Mom is doing well. She is caught up in her crafts and looking forward to retiring. Her knees still bug her but she won't talk to the doctor about it. I think she likes having something to complain about.
Hubby is okay. He has been depressed and sick a lot in 2007. I think most of it stems from the emotional stress of losing his mom, dealing with his brother and gearing up for another baby. He is our soul provider and I think that wears on him, too. Hopefully things will get better in 2008. I have a lot of anxiety about his health and his life choices. He doesn't eat really well and he never exercises, but is thin so it looks like he is the picture of health. It worries me.
My schoolwork is going well. I almost have my 4. back for my masters classes. I recieved ONE A- and that totally screwed it up. I am back to a 3.96. I am really hoping my next class will bump it up even more. I am taking two independent study classes right now that I need to get finished up by May. I really anticipated getting more done over the summer and fall, but as sick as I was I napped with the baby napped. I have to just force myself to stay up at night and work on it.
This year there are so many great things to look forward to. The baby is due in just 2 weeks, one of my best friends is getting married and we are planning a couple of trips with JUST US. No family. Hopefully a trip to the beach or someplace that will make it easy to trot the kids around. I am looking forward to planning our trip to Europe in the next few years. I want to be sure both kids are walking, potty-trained and eat well at the table before going. haha! We'll see.
Happy New Year! Have MORE FUN!!
No comments:
Post a Comment