I belong to a mommies group that meets up every Wednesday in the afternoon. We have been meeting for about a year now and have all become friends. It is really great. I just love the girls and their little ones. All the children are around Peyton's age with some smaller ones in the mix. It is a nice mix with boys and girls so the kids learn how to play with both genders and learn how to begin friendships and lasting bonds (hopefully!). It is so nice to have a group of women who I feel connected to on all different levels and have tons to talk about and share. We get to have "adult" time and the kids get to play. As soon as all the pregos are finished I am going to start bringing wine to each event. haha!
Well, yesterday those darlings threw me a surprise baby shower! Beth (blog link: http://jasonbethandfamily.blogspot.com/) hosted and all the girls and the babes where there. She had an awesome spread and they had flowers and gifts for me and the soon-to-be baby Marks. I was so suprised. It was such a special gift and I will never forget it.
Beth had emailed that she had a surprise to share with all of us. I was totally thinking that Jason got a job in Seattle and they were moving. I didn't want to hear that, so I was hoping it was something else, and it was. I even asked hubby if he had heard anything from Jason about it and he said no. Now I am just laughing, and relieved that my friend isn't moving at this point in time!
Funny thing....on another note. I woke up early this morning feeling anxious and nervous. I just needed to get out of bed. I took a shower and decided to come down and check my email and post for the day. I get two emails. One I was expecting from another friend of mine on a question I had about second labors and the other was a surprise. My friend from Australia wrote that I was on her mind and she was worried about me. She was hoping everything was okay. I find it really interesting because I think what she must be feeling is the false labor pains I have been having all week. All week long I have been in a fair amount of pain with these false alarms. The contractions have been very painful, but definitely false because they are all lower abdomen. Anyhow, I am pretty sure she has been picking up on that. Pretty cool...especially having a connection like that across the ocean!
No comments:
Post a Comment