Pages

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Having "a day"

I am having an emotional day today. I am on the verge of tears constantly. I don't feel well and I think that is the main reason for it. Plus, it isn't a good thing to not feel well, be tired, and go through baby clothes on a rainy day. It is rough emotionally. I was looking at clothes P used to wear and it was making me really sad because she is growing up so quickly. And, believe it or not, but E! He is currently 3 and 1/2 months old and wearing a 9 month sleeper. Can't I stop time and take the time I need to really enjoy them? No, I guess not. I have to take all the time God has given me to have children and watch them grow.

I had the carpets cleaned today. Just in the living room, up the hallway and the area rugs. It is time to get winter completely out of the house! The only thing I hate about it is that things aren't back where they are supposed to be. I don't deal well with that. I am by no means a neat freak, but when I have a bunch of papers on the mantel and I expect to see them there, when they are moved it makes me feel uneasy. I have to get used to the change. I know, I am weird.

Hubby says I am far too hard on myself. I couldn't get dinner done so hubby is picking it up and P and I just watched movies, played a little bit and listened to music while we went through clothes. Nothing really major or fun. It made me feel guilty to have her watch Peter Pan and then a Bug's Life in a row, but, she wanted to...and I let her because I just don't have the energy today to get her mind occupied on something else. Hubby just said that I have to stop and take a break sometimes -that not everyday has to be full of activity. He said my goodness, you kept our daughter healthy and fed, and nursed our son who may just come up with a way to drop corn into countries with starving children to keep them fed. hahaaha! He always makes me feel better.

P is so funny. She wanted to wear her snowsuit and wanted mommy to make it snow so she could go out and play in it. She got really upset when I was explaining that it won't snow for a while and mommy can't make it snow. She cried for like 5 minutes. Awwe...I know it is hard for her little mind to get it. Poor thing. :)

No comments: