I had such a great weekend - I am so blessed with so many great family members and friends. I wasn't expecting so many people to wish me a "Happy Mother's Day." Wow - was it special! Hubby got me a gift that I have been really wanting, but I think it is also a message...it is a cleaning service to come in for a day and deep clean the house. ha! YES, we totally need it, and yes, I have been very lax. BUT, I did just have a kid and am adjusting to life with two kids.
Now, are they going to help with the pile of laundry in my room I have been meaning to get to for three weeks? The dirty bathroom that needs the dust behind the toilet cleaned? The baseboards that have mud or food splattered on them from the kids or dogs? Behind the fridge where I dare never to go or look for that matter? My windows? Wow - I sound like a filthy person!! Really, I sweep, dust and mop often, but the deep cleaning stuff is SO dreadful and SO needs to be done.
Anyhow, about the weekend. Mila's birthday was Saturday. She turned three. We all had a great time. Peyton loves Mila and they played and played. One of them would end up in the bounce house yelling the other one's name until they came, which they never did because they are 2 and 3 and don't really get that when they hear their name they need to come running. They were both in the ice chest eating the dirty ice from holding cans of coke, water and juice boxes all day. And, Peyton played with Mila's toys that I didn't expect her to be interested in. She loved her little plastic animals and a game that had these little Scooby Doo figurines. I just am having a hard time adjusting to her getting older - I need to learn how to play with her and what activities to do. I am still so into her being a baby still.
Yesterday we went to my mom and dad's. My brother and his family were in town. We had brunch and visited. P play hide and seek with her cousin Bailey - super cute. He is 9 and seemed to have to much fun with her. Ethan was good all night Saturday and all day Sunday. He certainly has won some hearts over. Of course, I get to drive home with him screaming. Ha!
We almost have everyting set for the basement to be finished. Hubby put the final light fixtures in and started ripping the drywall down in the bathroom. I can't wait to pick out fixtures for that bathroom and actually use it. That will be the guest half bath from now on and I can redecorate the kid's bathroom, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment