P still has a fever. Not so happy about this. She has been quite fragile (Susan introduced me to this lovely word when talking about babies...love it!) all day and it breaks my heart. Her little eyes are so heavy and she cries at the drop of a hat. She is still stinkin' cute, though.
This morning I made a coffee cake and she came in the kitchen and got wide-eyed and asked "oooohh, what is dat?" I told her and she responded "ooohhh." As if she had the cake before and it was a special treat. Thing is, when I served her a piece she wanted nothing to do with it. So much for bribing my sick daughter into eating. Well, at least hubby got some popcorn in her when they watched Big Bird in Japan....anything to keep her quietly sitting since she refuses to nap today. I can't believe she wanted popcorn, but hey, at least she ate something! As a mother, I am frantic about what she puts in her body. It is almost an obsession. It is a NEED for me to have her eat three squares and snacks, and normally she eats really well. So, with her being sick and not eating I am torn up. My child is sick and I hate it.
This morning it was pouring rain and I was feeling less sad about canceling her birthday party. Then 3pm hit and it was beautiful. Blue and breezy, perfect. Then I remembered, even if I wanted to have her birthday I couldn't. P is sick and needs to get better...not party.
Hubby and I decided to just have family over Sunday evening for a cookout and cake. A small celebration for her birthday. I think she'll be really happy to see Grammies, Papa and her cousies.
Ethan is sick, too, but it is just a cold. I am so over him not feeling well. I mean, how much more should a little 3 month old endure? Hopefully this means he will be a invicible when he gets older. I took a picture of his little butt today. It is so cute and dimply - hubby and I laugh at how chubby he is. The cutest thing ever is when I take him out of the bath and put him in his towel. His back is to the mirror so I can see his chunky thighs and behind - he kicks his little legs and his chub shakes. I adore it.
No comments:
Post a Comment