Pages

Friday, May 09, 2008

Today is much better

Thankfully, today is much better. I took P to play at the EBC and Beth and the kids were there. It was nice to talk to her. It is crazy how we each have our own issues, but can totally appreciate and understand each other. Becoming a mother is more challenging than I thought, and now being a mother of two that challenge has increased. I really want to be the best mom I can be and feel I never even get close to the vision I have for myself. I guess just thinking about Sheilah and feeling a little sad right now.

The woman who delivers our mail stopped by our garage sale a couple of weeks ago. She has a woman who takes care of her 89 year old mother with a new little girl, and I guess taking care of the older woman (I originally wrote "old lady," but that sounded kind of crass...) is the only income she has. The mail lady asked if we had any 12 - 18 month clothing that she could buy for the woman's little girl. Well, it has taken me a few weeks, and considering P wasn't/isn't in 18 month for summer, I didn't have much to offer. But, I found a few things I bought last year that still had tags that are 12 month for summer. I pulled those together and a few other things that I thought seemed like they would fit the little girl and gave them to the mail lady this morning. She wanted to pay, but there is no way I was going to take her money. I just hope the clothes can help.

And, given that story, I am feeling mournful concerning Sheilah. I really miss her and am so bummed that my kids will only know her through stories. Sheilah was her own amazing philanthropist. She was constantly giving to others. At her sickest, she was still crocheting little blankets for the small children in DF's cancer ward. Well, one of the jumpers I gave the mail lady was a Disney jumper Nicole sent P last year for her birthday...from Sheilah. Even after death, Sheilah was looking out for her little granddaughter. I had put that jumper in the stuff I took to Once Upon a Child and it came back to me...I truly think for a reason. I wanted to keep it, but Shane and I discussed it and decided that Sheilah would have given that mail lady the jumper for that little girl...so, that is what I did.

We a making a donation each to DF in Sheilah's honor for Mother's Day. It won't be much, but any little bit we can give to hopefully find a cure for women's cancers will hopefully help.

I forgot to notate P's 2 - year pediatrician visit:

34 inches tall (50 - 75th %)
24 pounds (10th %)
I have to convert her crib into a bed.....NO! :)

No comments: