Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Rollin' down the sand hills, Rollin' down the sand hills WEEE!

Ethan rolled over this morning! He has been trying to turn over, but I wasn't sure if it was just his way of trying to say he wanted to eat. I heard him cooing at 5am this morning. He was just laying there awake looking at the ceiling or his hands. So, against my better sleep judgement, I picked him up and brought him into bed with me. He just turned his head and smiled his little smile that has been one of the more consistent things in my life...along with P's new way of whining. Anyhow, he kept trying to turn towards me and rolled right over. I let him lay there for a bit to figure out how to turn his head. He did a good job, but I wasn't thrilled with his face buried in my bed and turned him over. He didn't try again.

He has also been pulling himself up when I hold him. I think he is trying to sit up, too! What the heck!? I spoke with my mom this morning and she said I was sitting up just a week shy of turning 5 months, so it is possible. He has been doing everything a bit earlier than P was. She was right on target for the most part, but he seems to be ahead of the curve a bit. The pediatrician even commented on that fact. I am glad the pedi told me to be aware of the various milestones coming up because I kind of forgot! I need to do my research again to see what to expect.

He talks to me all the time and he just stares at me. It is so cute. A man in the grocery store commented how Ethan just can't keep his eyes off of me. I think that is a boy thing - boys just are in love with their mommies, girls are too, but I have heard boys are a little more lovey for mommy. I don't know about that theory because P is pretty mommy-focused. Daddy has been gone for almost three days now and she has only asked about him once. She went to our friend's for a few hours last week and talked about me all day. I also stay home with her, though.

I better run - need my three day shower and to feed E before going off for playtime.

No comments: