So, I am super bummed out today. I spoke with my friend who is getting married in June. I had to cancel my plans of being in her wedding because of Ethan's weird food issues and refusal of the bottle. Now, I knew being a parent would be difficult, but had no idea I'd have to made decisions like missing a good friend's big day. My friend is fine and totally understands, but I am not fine. I am upset and disappointed. I was so looking forward to seeing her walk down the aisle - I know what she has been through trying to find the perfect man and to see her finally get hitched was something I always wanted to see. She so deserves this perfect day in a perfect dress with the perfect cocktail.
She is getting married in a Catholic Church and the reception is at Wentworth by the Sea in New Hampshire (wentworth.com). I was going to stay at that beautiful hotel the night of the wedding and with her in the bridal suite the night before. We were going to spoon on her last night of singlehoodom. hahaha!
Hubby asked me if I would hold this against Ethan. My first answer without a doubt was no. There is no way I could hold this against my son. I mean, he can't help that he had trouble with his digestive system. If anything I am holding it against him that I can't have ice cream. just joking. Anyhow, I priced the cans of Alimintum (which would be our next step in regards to trying formula) and it is $27 a can....that would probably only last about two days. Luckily, I nurse or we'd be in a world of financial hurt over this. So much for his college fund. hahaha! No, really, I actually have a friend who has a contact at Ross Labs and she said she'd help me out, and we would just do what we had to do to feed him. That is what you do as a parent - make sure your baby is comfortable, eating, growing and happy. And when all of that is happening, you are happy, too. At least that is how it is in my world...and I love my little world of a toddler, a baby and a crazy hubby.
She is getting married in a Catholic Church and the reception is at Wentworth by the Sea in New Hampshire (wentworth.com). I was going to stay at that beautiful hotel the night of the wedding and with her in the bridal suite the night before. We were going to spoon on her last night of singlehoodom. hahaha!
Hubby asked me if I would hold this against Ethan. My first answer without a doubt was no. There is no way I could hold this against my son. I mean, he can't help that he had trouble with his digestive system. If anything I am holding it against him that I can't have ice cream. just joking. Anyhow, I priced the cans of Alimintum (which would be our next step in regards to trying formula) and it is $27 a can....that would probably only last about two days. Luckily, I nurse or we'd be in a world of financial hurt over this. So much for his college fund. hahaha! No, really, I actually have a friend who has a contact at Ross Labs and she said she'd help me out, and we would just do what we had to do to feed him. That is what you do as a parent - make sure your baby is comfortable, eating, growing and happy. And when all of that is happening, you are happy, too. At least that is how it is in my world...and I love my little world of a toddler, a baby and a crazy hubby.
and, look at that mug......
1 comment:
that totally suck K! I'm sorry!
But I am glad that Ethan is doing better and you're finding some solutions. Sometimes the decisions we have to make as parents are painful aye.
Well maybe that weekend you would've been gone we and some of the other gals should go and get martinis.:)
Post a Comment