Miss P turned 2 yesterday. She seemed more like a little girl than ever...watching her play and the things she was saying to me - made me realize how quickly she is growing. She was so cute yesterday morning when we talked about her birthday. She didn't really get it, but she just went along with it and we enjoyed the day. First, I took her to library storytime. It was the first time in the 2 - 31/2 class. Normally, we went to the 6 - 24 months, but since she was officially 2 I wanted her to be initiated into her first 2 year old class...and on her birthday! How perfect, I thought. She had fun. When we got home she played outside and then wanted some chocolate so we went out and got her a cookie. Then I put her down for a nap. I knew she wasn't feeling that great and I wanted to be sure she was rested for her big outing to Chuck E Cheese for dinner. When she got up from her nap I let her open two of her presents - one from hubby and I and the other from baby brother. Hubby got her this adorable Wonder Pets flyboat with the characters - she LOVED it. I was in awe because I didn't think she was old enough for such a toy...boy, I no nothing about toddlers! I got her ABC flashcards, a growth chart, and Nemo Bubbles. I am not a fan of the Cheese, but kids love it...and she was no different. She had a ball. It was adorable.
I actually had fun people watching. I saw the woman with the biggest body and tiniest head, I saw a snot-nosed three year old that couldn't keep her hands off of my baby and I felt like I had to spray him down with sanitizer everytime she poked at him, I saw a mother with her belly hanging out hogging the children's version of roulette to win tickets for her kid (she should have had a cigarrette hanging ot of her mouth), and the topper was a grown man fighting with younger boys over tickets. uhmmmm....
Anyhow, I am extremely bummed because I had to cancel P's birthday party. She has a fever that keeps climbing. Last time I checked it was 102. She is watching Nemo and seems okay, but I don't think it would be fair to have a bunch of people over with her sick and then with the possibility of getting the other kids sick. She doesn't really even understand that there was going to be a party for her tomorrow, she is a little too young to get it. I bet she'd be happy inviting a couple of friends over and playing in the dirt, and possibly eating it. We may reschedule for Sunday, but I am not going to push her.
No comments:
Post a Comment