I am so glad last week is over. I was totally looking forward to P's birthday, and totally stressed out by it as well. Getting the house together, planning the menu, thinking of games in case it rained, following to be sure people could come, etc. etc. etc. It all ended up being for not. She got sick, real sick, and not matter how much I willed for her to get better for the party I planned I couldn't take away the sickness.
Earlier in the week Ethan got sick. He was sick all night long on Monday or Tuesday, I am so tired right now that the days mesh together, so whatever. But, we do know he has food allergies...and so hubby and I found out, he is refusing to take a bottle, too. ugh. This means that even if I spent hours and hours pumping he still wouldn't take it because he decided to be difficult...well, he knows he has a choice now and no matter what, a nursing child will always choose mommy. This puts a damper on my life. And, lucky me, P is finally feeling a bit better and he is deciding to not feel well...for the umpteenth time. I am so over it. When will my baby be 100%? And, when will I ever get to sleep?
P was diagnosed with a viral infection - that is what was giving her the 103 and 104 degree fever. She also has a double ear infection. The scariest part of her being sick was how she looked. Her eyes were half open all the time and she just looked miserable. She would still smile if we tried to make her laugh...what an angel. Last night she kept dancing to the Wiggles, so I was hoping that meant she was on the upswing. This time she was. She slept almost through the night and was up this morning looking SO much better. She had her 2 year appt. at the pediatrician and he said her ears looked pretty bad but that was to be expected. When we got home she showed how 2 she really was. She was hitting Loki with a wrench she got from hubby's work bench downstairs, she kept jumping on the easel mom/dad got her, she kept feeding the dogs and kept screaming when I asked her to stop because Ethan was FINALLY sleeping. I was laughing inside even though I was getting annoyed. It was pretty cute, and I am just happy she is feeling better.
No comments:
Post a Comment